Shaking baby cereal flakes out of a box isn’t appealing and it really isn’t cost effective. You can make baby’s rice cereal for a fraction of the cost at home and you know what’s in it: a single ingredient – rice!
Baby’s First Rice Cereal - 6 Months +
- 1 cup of brown rice - to grind
- 1/4 cup brown rice powder - to make the cereal
- 1 cup of water
- Grind 1 cup of rinsed & dried brown rice in a food processor, coffee grinder or spice grinder or blender.
- Grind until a powdery texture appears.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add 1/4 cup of the rice powder and stir constantly.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly until a cereal forms.
- Spoon a portion to feed baby and save the rest.