Pastina is a tiny, star shaped pasta that is used in soups and as a side dish of its own. Pastina makes a wonderful baby cereal and can be combined with any food that you can imagine. I like to cook it in chicken broth and egg and top my bowl with grated cheese. You can also sprinkle some (about 1/2 box) into 2-3 quarts of homemade soups too! Pastina is a wheat product so be mindful of wheat and/or gluten allergies when introducing it to your baby.
Day 4 – Creamy Eggy Pastina – 365 Days of Baby Food
- Grated Cheese
- Prepare Pastina (Barilla, Prince, Ronzoni) according to package directions.
- As pastina is cooking, wash off an egg and then crack it open into the pot of cooking pastina.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cook thoroughly, add whole milk yogurt as desired; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in some Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Mix ins: fruits, meat, veggies