It’s time for another, “making baby food from dinner food” post. I haven’t officially announced that I will be doing a series of posts that I will call “making baby food from dinner food” .
In the past, I have written many posts showing you how to take your meals and create foods for your baby from those family meals; with little extra effort or time.
Tonight, we had roasted pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, applesauce, rainbow crunch carrots, and salad.
I set aside the some of the mashed potatoes, applesauce and carrots to make this tasty puree for baby.
- 2 tablespoonfuls applesauce
- 5 pieces I cut 2 inch “sticks” for steaming Steamed Rainbow Carrots
- 2 tablespoonfuls Mashed Potatoes
- Wash peel and cut carrots into sticks - steam util fork tender
- Use jarred natural applesauce or homemade applesauce
- Wash, peel and boil potatoes until fork tender - approx. 20 minutes
- Allow all foods to semi-cool
- Add a few carrots, the applesauce and the mashed potatoes and puree or mash
Combine all ingredients in a blender/food processor – add 2 tablespoons of water. Process until a texture that your baby will enjoy is achieved; add more water as needed.
This actually tastes so good that I’m thinking about processing the rest of the leftovers and making it into a soup!