Make These Tasty Sweet Potato with Rice and Apple Turkey Nuggets
I’ve been busy taking images of baby food making/cooking for a few days now. Last night I made meatloaf for dinner. My dog had a litter of puppies on Sunday evening (8 of them, all alive!).
What the heck does my dog, baby food and turkey loaf have to do with each other? Ah ha, it’s perfectly complimentary – my poor puppy-mama has a bout of sick tummy. She needed some nourishing and binding food and I had all these foods in the works.
The result are these delicious and fun Sweet Potato Rice and Apple Turkey nuggets.
These taste so good and I ate a few with some apple butter for dipping. My dog just had them plain however, no dipping apple butter for her! Had I not been making these mostly for my dog, I would have added some pepper, old bay and a shake of cinnamon too!
Sweet Potato Rice Apple Turkey Loaf or Nuggets
- 2 cups cooked organic brown rice
- 1 large baked sweet potato
- 3/4-1 pound of ground turkey, you could use lean ground beef, chicken or a mix of different ground meats
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 egg - beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients until well combined
- Press mixture into mini-muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until firm and done.