Baby’s First Brown Rice Cereal Recipe
Did you know that you can make baby’s rice cereal at home, for a fraction of the cost?
Bonus – you know what’s in it: just one single ingredient – rice!
Shaking baby cereal flakes out of a box isn’t appealing and really, boxed baby cereal isn’t cost effective either.
Make this super easy brown rice cereal and skip the boxed flakes!
- 1/4 cup ground brown rice
- 1 cup water
- Add a cup of brown rice to a small food processor or a clean coffee grinder and grind the rice into a nice powdery texture. Use 1/4 cup of the "powder".
- In a small sauce pan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil
- Stir in the ground brown rice and whisk.
- Whisk the rice until a cereal consistency is reached then remove the pan from the stovetop.
- Take out the desired amount required to feed baby and allow to cool
- Store remaining cereal in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze in small portions for later use
Mix-In Cereal Ideas:
Applesauce - Pears - Peaches - Bananas - Sweet Potatoes - Butternut Squash