Baby’s First Brown Rice Cereal Recipe
Did you know that you can make baby’s rice cereal at home, for a fraction of the cost? Bonus, you know what’s in it: a single ingredient – rice! Shaking baby cereal flakes out of a box isn’t appealing and really, boxed baby cereal isn’t cost effective either.
Make this super easy brown rice cereal and skip the boxed flakes!
Easy Brown Rice Baby Cereal
Homemade baby cereal just tastes better than that pasty, flakey stuff that you shake out of a box!
- 1/4 cup ground brown rice
- 1 cup water
- Add a cup of brown rice to a small food processor or a clean coffee grinder and grind the rice into a nice powdery texture. Use 1/4 cup of the "powder".
- In a small sauce pan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil
- Stir in the ground brown rice and whisk.
- Whisk the rice until a cereal consistency is reached then remove the pan from the stovetop.
- Take out the desired amount required to feed baby and allow to cool
- Store remaining cereal in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze in small portions for later use
Mix-In Cereal Ideas:
Applesauce - Pears - Peaches - Bananas - Sweet Potatoes - Butternut Squash