These little tasty nuggets of flavor have been a staple meal/snack for many years. They are so good that your kids may want to eat them for breakfast! You can bake them or put them in the slow cooker, either way you choose to cook these works well.
Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 6 quarts (3.8 to 5.7 l); oval
❄ Freezes well.
?B vitamins, including folate, and A, C, and E, iron, calcium, magnesium, fiber, and protein.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey, 455 g ground beef or turkey
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice (use a sticky rice such as short-grain brown, Arborio, or sushi rice) , 248 g cooked rice
- 1/2 cup, 125 g applesauce
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup apple juice, 60 ml apple juice
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef or turkey, rice, sweet potatoes, applesauce, and cinnamon. Shape the mixture into 1- to 2-inch balls (about the size of a golf ball).
- Pour the apple juice into the slow cooker. Add the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until the meatballs are no longer pink.
Preparation and Storage for Baby
Remove the meatballs and set aside to cool. Mash or puree a portion as needed to serve to your baby.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days for babies, up to 5 days for adults.
For the Family
These meatballs reheat well in the microwave or oven, so they’re great for a starter or as a snack.