Vitamin C Found In Many Foods!
You can find Vitamin C in green and red peppers, avocados, banana, cabbage, kiwi, turnip greens, kale, collards, parsley, sprouted alfalfa seeds, broccoli, tomatoes, mango, lemons, oranges, black currants, acerola cherries, cantaloupe, strawberries, and other citrus . Vitamin C is important for the formation of collagen, which is a protein that gives structure to bones, cartilage, muscle, and blood vessels.
Vitamin C Helps Nutrient Absorption
Vitamin C also aids in the absorption of iron so be sure to add it to baby’s diet often! It also helps maintain healthy capillaries, bones, and teeth. Vitamin C is said to help fight or stave off colds and it is thought to remove free radicals from the body. Give this blend a try but watch for rashes especially if baby is sensitive to foods and specifically to foods containing a high amount of Vitamin C.
Vitamin C Splash Mix – Puree for Baby Food
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple
- Peel and chop the fruits as needed, add all fruits to a blender or
- food processor and blend to a texture your little one will enjoy.
- Serve and store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Mix ins: fruits, veggies, meats, yogurt