Sweet potatoes and peaches combine to make a wonderfully delicious and nutritious meal for babies.
Texture Texture Texture – the sweet potato and the peach can both be blended into a silky smoothness that babies who are just beginning solid foods will enjoy.
For babies who are enjoying more texture and who may be feeding themselves, simply mash the foods instead of pureeing them.
Peachy Keen Sweet Potatoes
A super nutritious & tasty recipe for babies from age 6 months and older.
- 1 sweet potato – peeled and diced
- 2 ripe peaches – pitted and cubed
- pinch of cinnamon or ginger
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees
- Combine sweet potato and peaches in a shallow baking dish and add just enough water to slightly cover the food. Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon or ginger over the dish and stir, cover with foil.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until peaches and sweet potatoes are fork tender – check on the water level often!
- Once fully baked, reserve any remaining water and transfer sweet potatoes and peaches to a bowl to cool.
- Puree or mash as needed for your baby’s texture preference.
- May be frozen but some wateriness may occur upon thawing – try adding some plain whole milk yogurt to reconstitute!
You can double or triple or even quadruple this recipe and turn it into a delicious holiday side dish for the grown-ups and bigger kids in the family.
Simply mash all the ingredients together, add a ½ cup whole milk yogurt per each doubling of the recipe and then return the mix to a baking dish.
Drizzle with maple syrup, sprinkle on some chopped nuts and warm in a heated oven for 15 minutes
Please feel free to download the recipe card here