The mix of apples and carrots is especially enticing for little ones when you serve this as finger food. Keep the carrots in chunks (mash or cut them into smaller bits if needed) and then spoon the applesauce over them. Yes, it will be messy, but it’s so much fun!
Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 6 quarts (3.8 to 5.7 l); oval
❄ Freezes well, but some separation may occur when thawed—mix to combine.
🍎 Vitamins, A, B, C, E, and K, fiber, plus a little bit of iron and calcium
Apples and Carrots – Slow Cooker Baby
- 1 pound 455 g carrots
- 6 large apples such as Macintosh
- 1 cup 235 ml cold water
- 1 ?4 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- Wash the carrots and apples. Peel and roughly chop the carrots. Core, peel, and roughly chop the apples.
- Place the carrots and apples into the slow cooker. Add the cinnamon, if using, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. You may need to add more water during the cooking process, so check after 3 hours. When done, the apples will be nicely simmered down while the carrots should remain soft but not overly mushy.
- Remove from the slow cooker and set aside to cool.