Today I made a few yummy things with pumpkin! It is Halloween after all 🙂 I want you to remember, and please keep in mind, that you should NOT use that Jack-o-Lantern to make food with. You can learn more about that here.
I roasted pumpkin a few days ago and just got around to fixing it up. I had pureed it and stored it in the fridge so half my work was already done.
I had enough to make soup and pumpkin biscuits – Hooray!
My new obsession is with self-rising flour. I am not quite sure how I have never, in all my years, tried to bake with it. Self-rising flour, I shall never leave you or forsake you – ever! You are just too darn easy to work with and you save me time too.
Without further blabbering, I shall leave you my recipes for pumpkin soup and pumpkin biscuits.
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter - cold
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk, you can sub in almond or soy but be aware flavors may change
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Combine the dry ingredients
- Cut in the butter using the tines of a fork or a pastry cutter
- Add in the pumpkin puree and milk
- Mix to moisten - do not over mix
- Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet or baking pan
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on size of plops.
You can drop these or roll them out, it's up to you!