Pears are a great first food for baby and baking them brings out their tasty flavor.
Nutrient dense and easy to prepare, pears also help relieve or keep constipation at bay. While pears may be soft and juicy raw and the skin may be blended easily, it is recommended that you cook and peel fruits for babies who are just starting solid foods.
You may add baby cereal to the pear puree if it is too watery.
Baked Pears For Baby Food
- 6 ripe pears – Bartlett or Comice pears
- Preheat the oven to 350F – halve and core 6 pears.
- Place the pears in a shallow baking dish, flesh side up in 1 inch of water.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tender, checking progress often.
- Allow pears to cool – mash or puree if needed; use leftover baking water to thin if necessary.
- Mix ins: yogurt, fruits, meat, veggies