Not only are they nutritious for your little one, but beets are a great color to engage your little one’s eyes and pinching fingers. Serve up some beautiful purple beets as a great finger food by roasting or steaming them. Remember this, when selecting beets, bigger is not better so try buying beets that are on the smaller side. Smaller beets will be more sweet and tender.
Day 2 – Roasted Beets – 365 Days of Baby Food
- 7 Months +
- 5 fresh beets
- Preheat the oven to 350F - Wash, trim off greens, peel and chop 5 beets.
- Place chopped beets in a shallow baking dish;
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover as needed to prevent early burning/browning
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tender, checking progress & turning often.
- Allow beets to cool - mash or puree if needed;
- Mix ins: yogurt, fruits, meat, veggies