Ring in the New Year with a new series – 365 Days of Baby Food. It’s ambitious and will be lots of fun too. Each day a new recipe image will be posted and shared on Instagram. Follow me on Instagram and be sure to tag friends and family use #365daysofbabyfood to share your recipes too!
Day 1 – Oatmeal Cereal – 365 Days of Baby Food
- ¼ cup of ground oats (ground in coffee grinder, a blender or a food processor)
- 1/2 or 3/4 cup – 1 cup water
- Grind 1 cup of steel cut or rolled oats into a powdery consistency using your choice of appliance.
- Transfer the oat powder to a storage container and measure out ¼ cup of the ground oats; store the remainder in a cool dry place.
- Bring liquid to boil in saucepan then add the oatmeal powder while stirring constantly
- Simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly until cooked.
- Mix in formula or breast milk – add fruits or vegetables if desired – and serve warm.
Freezes with mixed results – may be a bit “rubbery” upon thawing. Add liquid such as formula or breast milk to reconstitute.