Behold the Pumpkin Pie Wonton recipe!
From September to the late Winter, all I think about is the different ways to use squash and pumpkin. Sure it’s great to make these tasty gourds for a veggie side dish or soup but doesn’t that get boring?
You and your family need this little treat in your lives.
Older babies will delight in scooping and scraping out the filling and trying out the “crust”. When you serve this to your older baby or toddler, please be sure to watch them closely.
The wontons may crumble and break into manageable pieces but larger pieces could always break off and pose a choking hazard.
- 18 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoom vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, you may use vanilla Greek yogurt, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or shortening.
- Place 1 wonton wrapper in each muffin cup.Whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, sour cream until smooth, light and creamy.
- Spoon the pumpkin mix into each wonton wrapper, fill each wrapper approximately 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 10 – 20 minutes. The baking time may vary with the amount of filling keep a close watch!
- Once baked, remove muffin tin from oven. Let wontons cool for a moment and then remove the wontons from the muffin tin and transfer to a wire to cool completely.
- Serve warm or cold.